Using Site Codes Template allows customers to configure Site Codes & Short Extension dial plans offline. Click on the links below for steps on how to configure the site codes template.
NOTE: A Site code template can only be used when enabling Site codes for the first time. All changes (edits) to the Site Code configuration must be made on the RingCentral Online Account.
1. Enable or disable the Multi-site feature.
a. Log in to the RingCentral Admin portal.
b. Navigate to Admin Portal > More > Account Settings > Multi-Site Settings.
c. Toggle to switch for Enable account support for multiple sites.
2. Get the Site code template.
a. Select Get Template.
b. Specify desired Site code length and Short extension number length.
c. Click Download.
NOTE: You can not change the Site code length and Short extension number length in the template. If different lengths are desired, click Get Template, specify new desired lengths, and download a new template.
3. Review the template and make necessary changes.
a. Check the Beginning of Site Data section.
b. Update or review the proposed Site codes and Short extension numbers.
c. Confirm no conflicts are detected. If conflicts are found, check for common issues like:
▪ Length is too long or too short.
▪ Duplicate Site codes and Short extensions are not allowed.
▪ Duplicate Full extension numbers are not allowed.
▪ Site codes and Short extensions can not start with the Outbound call prefix.
4. Upload the template to enable Site codes.
a. Select Upload Template.
b. Specify the template file and click Open.
c. If any errors are found, you will be prompted to make changes. Follow the instructions on-screen.
d. Site Codes are enabled once the process is completed.
• Dial Plan - Features
• Dial Plan - How do I make a call?
• Dial Plan - Default Area Code
• Dial Plan - Site Codes
• Dial Plan - Outbound Call Prefix