How to request or give Remote Control Access during Share Screen mode
RingCentral Meetings Desktop allows Remote Control Access in an ongoing meeting with an active Share Screen mode. Hosts or Participants may request Remote Control Access. Hosts or Participants also have the option to give Remote Control Access by selecting the Host or a Participant that needs to control the screen.
Make sure that Remote control is enabled on your online account first to successfully request or give access remote control during Share Screen mode. Account Administrators can enable this feature account-wide and for Users. Administrators can go to Meetings > Meetings Settings on the Admin Portal > scroll down to In Meeting (Basic) and enable Remote control. Users can go to Settings > Meetings > scroll down to In Meeting (Basic) and enable Remote control.
Request Remote Control Access
1. Click View Options at the top of the screen then select Request Remote Control during an active screen sharing session.
2. On the Confirmation window, click Request to proceed.
The one sharing the screen will receive a Remote Control Request prompt, where he or she can approve or decline your request.
3. A prompt will appear at the middle of your screen if Remote Control Request is approved. Click anywhere on the screen to start remote control.
Give Remote Control Access
1. While screen sharing, click Remote Control on the toolbar at the top.
2. On the drop-down menu, select the participant that you want to give Remote Control Access.
3. Click anywhere on the screen to regain control of your screen.
Meetings Desktop - Share File and Screen