RingCentral App: Starting Video Meetings Through Team Conversations
Instant meetings are non-scheduled meetings you can start at any time with anyone at any time.
Learn the different methods you can use to initiate an instant meeting on the RingCentral app:
Search for a user, group, or team, hover over the name, and click the Video camera icon.
Navigate to a direct or group message or team conversation, and click the Video camera icon at top right of the conversation header bar.
Navigate to the Contacts menu by selecting the camera icon besides the user’s name or in their profile.
Note: Hosts and participants are permitted to have two meetings running simultaneously in the RingCentral app desktop and web. This applies to instant meetings or scheduled meetings. If a participant or host tries to join a third meeting session, the first attended meeting will automatically disconnect.
Starting an instant meeting via the search bar
1. Click the search bar at the top of your screen.
2. Type the name of the person, group, or team to populate a list of contacts.
3. Hover over the name of the user, group, or team in the search results and click the Video camera icon.
Starting an instant meeting via Message
1. Navigate to Message via the left-hand navigation bar.
2. Open a user, group, or team conversation.
3. Click the Video camera icon at top right of the conversation header bar.
Starting an instant meeting via Contacts
1. Navigate to Contacts via the left-hand navigation bar.
2. Scroll the list of contacts or type in the name of a user, group, or team in the Filter all contacts field at the upper right to populate the list of names.
3. Hover over the name and click the Video camera icon at far right