Designating another participant as a moderator gives them the same controls as the host which is helpful when it comes to managing the meeting and attendees, and in cases where the host needs to leave the meeting early.
1. Click Participants via the bottom menu bar.
2. Select the More three-dot icon to the right of the attendee’s name.
3. Click Assign moderator role.
4. Repeat Steps 2 to 3 to assign another moderator.
Assigning a moderator when leaving a meeting
RingCentral will automatically prompt the host to assign a moderator if there is only one host, and the host leaves the meeting.
1. Click Leave at bottom right.
2. Click the checkbox next to the participant you’d like to assign as a moderator.
3. Click Assign and leave. Note: You may also choose to leave the meeting without assigning a moderator.
To remove the moderator role, click on the More icon at the right of the attendee's name and select Revoke moderator role. If you are the host, you can assign more than one participant to be the moderator. The new moderator can also assign other participants as moderators.