When you create a campaign, you will also need to create a schedule that lets the system know the time frames during which the campaign should be open — that is, when agents will be allowed to dial on that campaign. You can configure your campaign’s daily schedule via the Schedule option in the campaign’s configuration panel.
Schedules are arranged in the system by day (Sunday through Saturday) and according to time periods within that day. Each ‘open period’ represents a chunk of time in a day during which the campaign will be open. Any time period that falls outside of the open period will automatically be treated as a closed period, and agents will not be able to dial on that campaign during those closed time periods.
You can designate an entire day of the week as a closed day, and you can also break a day up into multiple open and closed periods — as many as you like.
The changes you make to your schedule will repeat every week.
Please note: If you would like to override your campaign schedules when dialing to a specific timezone, you can do so by configuring special Dial Zone schedules. We’ll talk more about that in Dial zones overview.
If you’re having issues dialing on an active campaign, be sure agents are dialing according to the schedule configured in your campaign schedule settings. Agents must be logged in to the system on a day and time during which the campaign is open. The system will not dial on a campaign during closed schedule periods.
Configuring a campaign schedule
Setting up daily campaign schedules is a pretty straightforward process. The only thing you’ll need to keep in mind is that your schedule will operate based on the lead’s timezone — not the agent’s (or any other) timezone.
Take the steps below to schedule your campaign.
1. Navigate to Dialing > Campaigns via the left-hand navigation bar
2. Select the campaign you’d like to configure your schedule in
3. Navigate to the Schedule option in your campaign’s configuration panel
4. Click the Edit pencil and paper icon located at far right in the Daily Schedule table to open the Edit Schedule modal window
5. Find the day of the week you wish to edit
6. Check the Closed checkbox if you wish to close the schedule for that entire day
7. Choose the beginning of the open time period via the Start Period field
8. Choose the end of the open time period via the End Period field
9. To add another open period to a day, click the Add new period plus icon (located beneath the start and end period settings)
10. Repeat steps 4-7 as needed for the remaining days of the scheduled week
11. Click Ok to save your changes and exit the modal window