Once you’ve created an agent user, you can start assigning your agent to digital queues. However, please note that if you’d like to assign an agent to a digital queue, that same agent must also be created and configured in the Digital Admin interface as well. To learn more, visit Creating an agent.
Finally, if you’d like your agent to respond to digital messages, you’ll need to create a digital queue first before you can assign them to that queue. Visit Creating a digital queue to learn more.
You’ll find multiple ways to assign agents to a digital queue throughout the platform. You can do so via our open API, via the Agent Access page at the digital queue level, or via the Digital Access page at the agent user level.
However, before you can assign an agent to a digital queue, you must first configure that agent’s permissions to allow them to log in to a digital queue and handle digital interactions. Let’s review that first.
Configuring an agent’s digital queue permissions
To allow an agent to handle digital interactions, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Users > Agents via the left-hand navigation bar
2. Select an agent from the Agents group page
3. Click on the Security tab via the configuration panel
4. Under the Digital settings section, check the Allow digital queues box
5. Under the Digital settings section, check the Allow concurrent digital interactions and calls box (optional)
6. Click Save at bottom right to save your changes
Now that we’ve reviewed how to configure the agent’s digital queue permissions, let’s review these settings below.
Under the Digital settings section, you can configure the following settings:
Allow digital queues: Enable the agent to log into a digital queue and handle digital interactions
Allow concurrent digital interactions and calls: Enable the agent to handle digital interactions alongside incoming and outgoing calls
Assigning an agent via Digital Access
Once you’ve enabled an agent’s permissions so they can handle digital interactions, you can assign that agent to a digital queue. We’ll discuss how to assign an agent via Digital Access first.
To assign your agent to a queue, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Users > Agents via the left nav bar
2. Select an agent from the Agents groups page
3. Click the Digital Access tab via the agent configuration panel
4. In the table below the search bar, check the box next to the queue you’d like to assign your agent to
5. Save your changes via the Save button at bottom right
Managing agent assignments via Digital Access
Once you’ve assigned an agent to a queue via Digital Access, you’ll be able to view that digital queue by clicking the Show assigned queues button beside the search bar. All queues that your agent is assigned to will appear in a table beneath the search bar, organized by the queue group they were created under.
The table is arranged by columns containing information about each queue such as the queue ID and the name and description given to each queue.
Now let’s review how to assign an agent to an inbound queue via Agent Access.
Assigning an agent via Agent Access
In the Agent Access configuration page, you’ll find a table of all available agents assigned to your queue. This list is separated by agent groups, and you can expand or collapse each group to view all agents in that group. At the top of the page, you’ll find a search bar that you can use to find the agent you wish to assign to your queue.
You can also use the Show All Agents button beside the search bar to view all agents added to that account. Alternatively, if you only want to view the agents assigned to that queue, select the Show Assigned Agents button.
To assign an agent to a queue, follow these steps:
1. Select Routing > Digital queues & skills via the left nav bar
2. Select the digital queue to which you’d like to assign your agent
3. Select the Agent Access tab from the queue’s configuration panel
4. Select the Show All Agents button beside the search bar to show all agents added to the account
5. Use the search bar and/or scroll through the list of available agents to find the agent you wish to assign to your queue
6. Check the box beside the agent ID to select the agent. Alternatively, if you wish to assign all agents under an agent group, you can check the box at far left in the table header
7. Save your agent assignments via the Save button at bottom right
Managing agent assignments via Agent Access
Once you’ve assigned an agent to a queue via Agent Access, you’ll be able to view that agent by clicking the Show Assigned Agents button beside the search bar. All agents assigned to the digital queue will appear in a table beneath the search bar, organized by the agent group they were created under.
They’ll be arranged in an alphabetized list of agent groups, in ascending order, by last name. This table of agent groups and agents will typically display the agent’s ID number, their first and last name, and their username.