Stay up to date with the latest features, improvements, and bug fixes for RingCentral Engage Digital.
Release Date: April 2020
Google Business Messaging Connector
RingCentral is one of a few select early providers of Google Business Messages as a communications channel. Your customers can now get in touch with you in real-time from the Google search results page or from your business profile on Google Maps. This feature will be available in beta mid-April 2020, please contact your account manager for more information.
What does this mean for you:
1. Agents can receive and send messages using Engage Digital.
2. Chatbots are supported on Google Business Messages
3. Rich messages with links and media are supported on Google Business Messages
RingCentral University for Engage Digital
Available from the 31st of March, RingCentral University will give you access to training on Engage Digital and other RingCentral products. Those courses are available anytime and anywhere for administrators and agents. You can easily track your completed courses. For any questions or assistance concerning RingCentral University please contact email@example.com
Your login is your email address (the same one your are using to connect to Engage Digital)
We upgraded the Twitter Enterprise API connector to help make it faster to engage with customers in real-time. Twitter now requires 3rd parties to anonymise the data APIs. Only selected Twitter data from Engage Digital can be sent to other 3rd parties effective June 1, 2020. Contact your account manager to see how to reduce the impact of this new regulation.
What’s included in the upgrade:
1. Real-time Twitter messages in Engage Digital
2. View the original tweet for quoted tweets
3. Allows agents to send quoted retweets
4. Undo retweets, if necessary.
Added new metrics in reporting and supervision tools
We’ve added a few new and updated reporting tools including:
1. New filter for the number of tasks per skill in channel supervision
2. Created task per hour: forecast messages flow and team sizing requirements
TIP: Improve workforce management by tracking the number of tasks created per hour, per channel, per source and per skills.
3. Transferred task: acknowledge task transferred to forecast flow and track escalation of task between a skill to another to get a global vision on the percentage of tasks transferred
4. Tasks per topology step: knowing the number of tasks engaged at each step and measuring the efficiency of topology.
5. Average Handling Time (AHT) on supervision: calculation of AHT on supervision to apprehend in real-time agent productivity.
Internet Explorer browser support
Security is our highest priority at RingCentral, the recognised best practise in terms of SSL/TLS is now to deactivate TLS 1.0 and 1.1. The immediate effect will be to stop any support from Internet Explorer 8 to 10. Effective from the 30th of April 2020, Engage Digital API and user interfaces will no longer be supported on IE 8 to 10. Effective from 1st of June 2020, IE 8 to 10 will no longer be supported on:
Engage Digital Web socket
Removing spell check as per data protection regulations
To reinforce data protection, we are limiting the number of providers we support on our platform. Because of this, we are ending our contract with our spell check provider effective April 30, 2020. The browser spell check will be available through the platform instead.
Facebook Private Messages
A year ago, we informed you that due to a change in Facebook APIs, private messages support in the regular Facebook page connector will no longer be supported. If you haven’t switched to Facebook Messenger by June 1, the import of Facebook private messages in Engage Digital will no longer be supported. Please contact your account manager to ensure continuity of support for private messages.